1 lbs chicken ( I used legs, and thighs)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp celery seed
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
2 tsp minced garlic
1 medium sized onion, chopped
- Start off by making sure that all of the chicken is nice and clean.
- Pour 1 1/2 cup flour into a large bowl, and add in seasonings : garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, celery seed, smoked paprika. Mix until well incorporated.
- Coat the chicken with the seasoned flour, and make sure you coat all surfaces.
- Reserve the seasoned flour.
- Pour 1/4 cup of vegetable oil into a large pan, then place the plan over medium heat.
- Start adding in the chicken, but be sure to not over crowd the pan ( use a pan big enough to hold all of the chicken).
- Cook the chicken until it is golden brown(DO NOT worry about cooking the chicken until done, because we will cook it some more).
- Once the chicken is nice and browned, remove it from the pan. Leave the oil in the pan.
- Toss in the onions, and cook them for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic. Once the garlic is in the pan let it cook for an additional minute, then remove the onions and garlic from the pan.
- Add three tbsp of the seasoned flour (the same flour that you coat the chicken with) to the pan. Stir in with the oil.
- Next pour in 2 cups of chicken broth. Whisk in while pouring in the broth. Make sure there aren’t any lumps.
- Let the gravy cook for about 2 minutes ( still on medium heat), then pour in 1 cup of milk into the pan.
- Let the creamy gravy cook for about 3 minutes, then start adding the chicken back into the pan, as well as the onions and garlic.
- Make sure all of the chicken is coated with the creamy gravy.
- Place a lid on the pan, then let the chicken cook for 30-35 minutes. Be sure to occasionally turn the chicken.
- Once done serve the chicken with rice or mashed potatoes.