250g sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Clean the sweet potatoes and cut into big chuncks. Place in a pot with enough water. Boil till soft. Mash the sweet potatoes.
2. Add tapioca flour, flour and salt into the mashed potatoes. Stir to mix till you get a soft texture.
3. Take some dough, make into a ball, flatten it and make a hole in the middle (the end product should look like a donut).
4. Arrange the shaped dough onto the airfryer basket and airfry for 20 minutes on 160 C. Flip over the sweet potatoes ring after 10 minutes. Once done, set aside and prepare the coating syrup.
70g white sugar
3 tablespoons water
1. In a heavy skillet, add sugar and water. Bring to boil.
2. Once bubbly, add in the airfried sweet potato rings. Stir to mix. When it the rings are coated thoroughly, remove from heat but do not stop stirring.
3. The kuih is ready once the sugar is dried up. Enjoy!