Sunday, March 13, 2011
~ Chocolate Oil Cake ~
* 2 cups white sugar
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 cups water
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
3. Add water, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat by hand until smooth.
4. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.