Thursday, November 15, 2012
RAINBOW CHIFFON CAKE ........
Egg yolk batter:
6 egg yolks
50 g sugar
60g corn oil
60g coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon pandan essence
110 g self-raising four
Food coloring :
Few drops yellow colouring
Few drops pink colouring (I added strawberry essence)
Few drops green coloring (I added pandan essence)
Egg white foam :
6 egg whites
¼ tsp Cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. To make egg yolk batter : Combine egg yolks, sugar, oil and coconut milk in a mixing bowl. Fold in flour until forms batter.
3. Divide batter into 3 portions. Add in different colour and essence separately, mix until well blended.
4. To make egg white foam : Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy, gradually add in sugar, beat at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks.
5. Divide egg white foam into 3 portions. Gently fold into egg yolk batter separately, mix until well blended.
6. Pour each of colour batter mixture into ungreased 23cm tube pan by sequence.
7. Bake in for 40 - 50 minutes or until cooked.
8. Once baked, turn your chiffon pan upside down and leave to cool. Remove from pan, slice and serve.