Thursday, October 14, 2010
~ Uses For Baking Soda ~
Uses For Baking Soda : ......
When it comes to anti aging having a box of baking soda in your cupboard is a must.
1. Baking soda can be used as a part of your anti aging skin care regimen, you can mix a teaspoon of baking soda with some sea salt and use as a facial scrub.
2. Baking soda teeth whitening is widely searched on the net, as more and more people are realizing how this amazing stuff can actually give you those white teeth, you have always longed for.
uses for baking soda
You can use bicarbonate of soda directly onto your teeth, I have found it is much less abrasive using it with toothpaste. Brush your teeth twice a day for the first week, then you will only need to use it at least twice a week to keep them looking clean and white.
3. A great home remedy for acne is to make a face mask using bicarbonate of soda mixed with water to make a paste. Apply directly to clean dry skin and leave for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Wash off with warm water and pat your face dry with a towel. Do this at least 3 to 4 times a week for maximum benefit.
4. Baking soda can also be used to help relieve heartburn, put a small teaspoon in a glass of warm water and sip until the burning sensation in your chest is gone.
Be careful not to overdo it, take it in moderation as bicarbonate of soda is sodium and sodium is not good for your body in large amounts. It is also not good for people who have high blood pressure.
Of course, avoiding foods which can trigger heart burn is ideal.
5. Baking soda offers a quick relief for itching by having a bath, put 1 cup of baking soda to warm water and soak for 30 to 45 minutes. This is especially helpful for itching in hard to get to places, when finished air dry your body.
You can treat itches by making a paste of baking soda and water, apply to the itch only if the skin is not broken.
6. Using bicarbonate of soda can help some people overcome fingernail fungus, make a paste and rub into your toenail or fingernail, keep this on the nail for a while and then rinse off and dry your foot or hand thoroughly. Do this once a day.
The uses for baking soda is definitely something worth considering, I highly recommend using it for helping to whiten your teeth and as a scrub for your face.