Thursday, December 26, 2013
2 1/2 cups pau flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 tablespoon instant dried yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon bread softener
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1 tablespoon cooking oil
greaseproof paper or banana leaves cut to small squares
red bean paste
1. In a big bowl, place the flour, yeast and sugar.
2. Pour in water, a little at a time and knead. Add in shortening and cooking oil.
3. Continue kneading till you get a soft and shiny dough. Approximately after 25 minutes kneading by hand.
4. Make the dough into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into small portions.
6. Flatten the dough, place the filling in the middle and gather up the edges to seal the filling.
7. Place the pau on a piece of greaseproof paper and arrange in the steamer.
8. Do the same to the remaining portions.
9. Steam the pau over rapid boiling water for 10 minutes.