Saturday, December 28, 2013

Steamed Chocolate Cake

 


Ingredients :

1 cup sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup evaporated milk (I used Ideal)
1 cup cooking oil (I used Naturel Corn Oil)
1/2 cup condensed milk (I used SAJI brand)
3 eggs (beat till light and fluffy)
1 cup self-raising flour (use 3/4 cup flour if you want your cake to be more moist)

Method :


1. In a bowl, add in sugar, cocoa powder, evaporated milk, oil and condensed milk. Mix well and cook on slow fire using double boil method. I used a whisk to stir. Once melted, remove from heat and leave to cool.
2. Once cooled, add in the eggs. Mix well.
3. Fold in the flour.
4. Pour into the baking tin. Cover the tin with aluminium foil.
5. Steam for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from steamer and let it cool.
Topping :
1 cup cooking chocolate
2 tablespoons margarine (I used Planta)
1/2 cup condensed milk (I used SAJI)
 
Method :
Combine all the ingredients for topping in a pot and cook on slow fire using double boiler method. Stir till all the ingredients melted. Let the cake cool completely before pouring the topping. Decorate as you wish. I piped mine with a bit of fresh cream and sprinkle with some grated cooking chocolate.
 

No comments: