500g high protein flour (4 cups flour)
50g milk powder (1/2 cups)
250ml chilled water (1 cup)
11g instant dried yeast
120g castor sugar (1/2 cups of sugar)
a few drops of yellow food coloring
100g margarine (1/2 cups )
1. Gease all the baking tins thoroughly. I used vegetable shortening. Keep aside
2. Place all ingredents except margarine in a mixing bowl.
3. Fasten the dough hook onto the mixer and start kneading.
4. Once the ingrediets have just combined, add in the margarine. Knead till a soft and shiny dough is formed.
5. Remove from the bowl and rest the dough for about 10 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into a 27g balls. Shape it nicely and arrange in the prepared tins.
7. Cover the tins and leave the dough to rise till almost double the size.
8. Mix a bit of milk powder with a bit of water and brush lightly on top of the dough.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C for 15 to 20 minutes. Oven temperature and baking time may vary, depending on your oven.
10. Once baked, remove from the oven and onto a wire rack to cool.