- 3 sticks (1½ cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ -1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the sugar until well combined (about 5 minutes)
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix completely after each egg.
- Alternate adding the flour and heavy whipping cream, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the extracts.
- Grease and flour a 9.5 bundt pan.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and jiggly the pan to even out the batter when done.
- Place into a cold oven on the middle rack and turn the oven to 325.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for a fe minutes before removing to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to MIX WELL!! The eggs are the leavening in this cake and all the mixing creates the air that is needed.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
3 cups (390 grams) all purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1-8 ounce (226 grams) package cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups (550 grams) granulated white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Zest (outer skin) of one lemon or orange (optional)
6 large eggs, room temperature